Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Almost done with Number 1

After much searching, I found the perfect yarn for my pal's mittens. Although I wanted to stay away from 100% acrylic, this yarn (Patons Astra) is just right and soft. The colors are really fun. When I saw the yarn, I said (outloud!) "PERFECT...just what I was looking for. The yarn is variegated so I am sticking to a simple pattern.
I am almost done with the first mitten after a couple of false starts. I plan on getting #2 on the needles as soon as possible in order to avoid the dreaded "second mitten syndrome" that is bound to happen if I hesitate even one minute.
So pal, be ready for some fun mittens to brighten up your winter.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Through the wonders that are the internet, I saw that you might be a fellow Columbus Knitter? What a small world! Good luck on avoiding second mitten syndrome, I get that with socks all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home